Job Title: Regional Support Officer
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Application deadline: 31 October 2013
Full details/website: WaterAid: Regional Support Officer
Description: WaterAid is an international non-governmental organisation with a mission to transform lives by improving access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid seeks to appoint a Regional Support Officer (RSO), based in Pretoria, Johannesburg. This is a four months fixed contract position.
Reporting to the respective Regional Advocacy Manager (RAM), the RSO will have an indirect reporting relationship with the Regional Programme Manager (RPM) to ensure that there is joined up working and cross-pollination of learning and knowledge between the service delivery and the influencing portfolios of our work in the region.
Support both the RAM and the RPM in regional programme planning, development, effectiveness, quality assurance, learning, reporting and assessment of our impact in the region
- Degree or equivalent qualification will be preferable;
- Experience of working in the development sector, preferably the water and sanitation sector coupled with programme and project planning, and progress reporting, an understanding of technical and institutional issues in WASH in the region;
- Oral and written skills especially in report writing and general communication in English;
- Analytical, numeracy and research skills;
- Ability to deal with qualitative and quantitative information and also working with MS Office and other common computer packages.
For more information and an application pack, e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about WaterAid, refer to www.wateraid.org.