Application deadline: 31 March 2015
Organisation: Mlango Farm Foundation
Website/full details: Mlango Farm Foundation
Description: Are you looking for a challenging internship in a great environment? Mlango Farm in Kenya is looking for interns to assist in setting up an educational city farm and further develop the goals of the Mlango Farm Foundation. INTERNSHIP PERIOD: starting from April 2015, for a period of minimum 3 months and maximum six months.
Description of the project: Mlango Farm Foundation is a non-profit organisation and aims to provide educational and recreational services for city children of Nairobi: to visit a farm and to gain knowledge about nature, environmental awareness, animal welfare and to enjoy the green side of life. Organizations in Nairobi are encouraged to invite and sponsor school classes for farm visits as part of their corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy.
Mlango Farm was set up in 2008, starting from a neglected farmland. It is now a beautiful organic vegetable farm, with 40 employees. Regular visitors have made the Mlango Farm management realise that this farm offers opportunities to develop into an educational farm for children of Nairobi who don’t often get an opportunity to enjoy nature and learn about the environment, to take a walk on the farm, see how vegetables are grown, and to learn more about farm animals and their wellbeing. To create this opportunity for the city children (and adults!) of Nairobi, Mlango Farm Foundation has been set up; to apply for funds that will enable it develop an educational centre and educational materials.
Assignments for the interns:
- Develop educational material which can be used for visitors of the farm
- Develop an appealing website and other marketing tools for the foundation
- Networking with other NGO’s, local governments, and companies who work in the field of education, environment, community work, to create goodwill and make the educational city farm known in and around Nairobi
- Develop a fundraising-/crowd funding- and marketing plan and start with exercising those plans.
We are looking for:
We are looking for 2 Kenyan students and 2 Dutch students who fit the following profile:
- Studying / studied at a university level (Dutch: HBO or WO level) in one of the following topics: education, environment, business or any other field related to the goals of the project
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English);
- Flexible and social, must be able to perform in a divers team;
- Show initiative and able to work under minimum supervision;
- Studying in one of the applicable education topics listed above.
- A challenging and hands-on internship in a beautiful environment;
- Supervision by two board members (Kenyan/Dutch) of the Mlango Farm Foundation;
- For Dutch students: help in finding accommodation, transport to and from the airport.
Please send your motivation letter with your CV by email to Carolyne Narocho firstname.lastname@example.org, before 31 March 2015. For any inquiries you can call (Carolyne +254722960547) or email to the same email address.