Title: Expression of Interest: Climate Impacts Research Capacity and Leadership Enhancement (CIRCLE)
Organisation: The Association of Commonwealth Universities
Application deadline: 31 October 2013
Website/full details: Expression of Interest: Climate Impacts Research Capacity and Leadership Enhancement (CIRCLE)
Description: The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and the African Academy of Sciences (AAS) are inviting expressions of interest from institutions and individuals interested in participating in a Fellowship and research capacity strengthening programme.
- The programme will, contingent on there being sufficient interest, be funded by the UK Government, commencing in 2014.
- One year Fellowships will be awarded for research proposals on the impact of climate change in Africa, with up to 100 fellowships funded over four years; 40 post-MSc researchers and 60 post-Doctoral researchers.
- Fellowships will be specifically targeted at early career researchers in African institutions.
- The programme will also provide support and training to develop the institutional research capacity of participating institutions (both “home” and “host” institutions – See below).
- Prospective fellows will be nominated from and hosted by African universities and research institutions.
- The CIRCLE programme will improve research skills in early career African scientists through experiential learning under the guidance and mentorship of senior African researchers.
We are currently looking for expressions of interest from potential nominating “home” and host institutions as well as individual researchers.
Thematic Areas of CIRCLE
- Political Economy
- Health and livelihoods