Title: Control Environmental Officer: Strategic Inspections
Organisation: Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Application deadline: 20 May 2013
Full details/website: Control Environmental Officer: Strategic Inspections
• Appropriate three year Bachelors degree in Environmental Management, Natural or Physical Sciences, Engineering, or an equivalent qualification and experience.
• Knowledge and experience of Environmental auditing/inspection methodologies.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Good understanding of the environmental legislation and knowledge of government standard administrative procedure and policies.
• A driver’s license.
• The following skills are recommended: Leadership, project management, good interpersonal relationship, co-ordination of inspections, communication and analytical thinking, strategic decision-making.
• Planning and conduct environmental inspections for prioritised activities, facilities and operations as well as conduct compliance inspections on Departmental issued Environmental Authorisations and Waste management licenses.
• Generating inspection reports and determining the status of compliance.
• Follow up on remedial actions as recommended in audit reports.
• Records management.
• Provide support to all the Compliance and Enforcement projects