Title: AXA Research Fund Awards: Environmental Risks
Organsiation: AXA Research Fund
Application deadline: not specified
Website/full details: AXA Research Fund Awards: Environmental Risks
Description: To spur and accelerate the pace of academic innovation, the AXA Research Fund has created the Awards, designed to support mid-career researchers with extremely high potential for innovation in their fields. Laureates will be awarded a grant to give them the means to develop and test their hypotheses. Awarded projects can last for 1 to 2 years and funding amounts to 250 K€: it will be channeled through an academic institution, and can only be used to fund research or dissemination activities.
Areas of research eligible for funding
- Climate change, from glacier retreat to sea-level rise.
- Natural hazards, from earth hazards to atmospheric and space-weather phenomena.
- Human driven environmental changes such as urban pollution, nanotechnologies or pesticide exposure.
Applications should tackle one of the eligible research fields relying on several of the following approaches:
- Risk identification and definition
- Risk assessment and measure
- Risk modelling
- Risk mitigation
- Decision-making processes when facing risks
- Risk prevention