Application deadline: 28 February 2015
Full details: 2nd round of the AECF Agribusiness Africa Window
Description: The 2nd round of the AECF Agribusiness Africa Window (AAW) is a special fund that is open to business ideas across Africa. The AECF AAW R2 will support business ideas in the fields of agribusiness, financial services and value chains which extend across Africa and international markets. Business ideas that qualify for funding must have positive impact on the rural poor: delivering increased employment reduced costs and improved productivity.
AECF AAWR2 is seeking:
- an agribusiness operating, or planning to operate, in an African country.
- a business idea that combines commercial success with a positive impact on hundreds or thousands of poor farmers.
- a business introducing an innovation and planning to do something that has not been done in your country before.
- a business planning to invest, or expand investments, in crop, livestock or aquaculture production, processing, packaging, marketing, or exports.
- a financial institution planning to engage in the agricultural sector, or an information provider for farmers or agribusinesses.