Date: Wednesday 1 October 2014
Time: 15h00-15h45 SAST / 09h00-09h45 EST
How to participate: Join us on Twitter (@GreenAfricaDir and @Plus_SocialGood) for this online discussion and follow the hashtags #GreenAfricaNow and #SocialGood to follow the conversation
Background:All across Africa, entrepreneurs, businesses, networks and communities, NGOs, enterprise accelerators, impact investors and public-sector organizations are creating positive impact through sustainable innovation and entrepreneurship. New media and technology are critical to the success of many of these innovations and start-ups and this Twitter Chat will explore how social networks, new media and technology can be used to create social good in Africa.
- Q1: What type of sustainable innovation and entrepreneurship is happening in your city (in Africa)?
- Q2: What are some challenges to scaling and replicating successful sustainable innovation and business in Africa?
- Q3: What tools & organizations can help mentor and scale sustainable innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa?
- Q4: What is your favorite sustainable innovation, sustainability entrepreneur or cleantech business in Africa?
- Q5: How can social networks, new media and technology support innovation and entrepreneurship for social good in Africa?
- Q6: How are you using new media and technology to support social good in Africa? Tweet us “I use ___ to support social good in Africa #GreenAfricaNow #SocialGood