Venue: The Salt Palace Convention Center
City: Salt Lake City, Utah
Register: 24th IUFRO World Congress
Description: The scientific program for the XXIV IUFRO World Congress will consist of plenary sessions, sub-plenary sessions, technical sessions, and themed poster sessions. In keeping with the spirit of the Congress title – Sustaining Forests, Sustaining People: The Role of Research – the Congress Scientific Committee (CSC) is developing a program to highlight how forest science is helping address significant environmental, social, and economic challenges facing our world.
The program will reflect diverse contributions from the forest science community across the full range of natural and social science disciplines.
The broad themes of the Congress include:
• Forests for People
• Forest Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
• Forests and Climate Change
• Forest and Water Interactions
• Forest Biomass and Bioenergy
• Forests and Forest Products for a Greener Future
• Forest Health in a Changing World