Description: SusCon – International Conference on Sustainable Business and Consumption will be taking place in the UN City of Bonn. The central theme of SusCon is the role of business within the model of sustainable development. In the year of the Rio+20 conference – and true to its motto “Green economy – from intention to action” – the main focus of SusCon 2012 is to investigate solution-oriented approaches. In addition, this business meeting will look at how sustainable solutions can be implemented to foster long-term sustainable development?
The conference offers alternating plenary and so-called thematic sessions, which are divided into four categories:
- Consumer goods
- Cross sectorial approaches
- Sustainable financing
- Communication and consumption
Key event features
- Real-world case studies that show first-hand, successfully implemented solutions.
- High level plenary presentations and panel discussions.
- Thematic sessions that will delve into subjects that interest you most.
- Extensive networking opportunities with professionals and leading decision makers.
- SusCon Expo will showcase sustainable solutions, stakeholders and actors.
Participants will be from financial institutions, consumer goods industries and retailers, small to multinational businesses, scientific and technology providers, governmental and UN organisations, NGOs, campaigns and initiatives.
Benefit from an excellent SusCon network
SusCon will provide an excellent opportunity to network with international partners and supporting organisations, all of whom are trend setters in developing a greener economy. Use this occasion to exchange knowledge and best-practices; and to learn from the experts how to think “sustainably”.