16 September 2014 - 17 September 2014
Website/register: Solar & Off-Grid Renewables West Africa
Description: PV-Tech’s second Solar & Off-Grid Renewables Africa conference and exhibition will move to Ghana in September and will cover the West African region. The event follows on from the sell-out success of the first event held in Kenya which hosted more than 200 international attendees.
This high-level conference will explore the huge on- and off-grid market opportunities with an elite panel of over 35 international expert speakers, in-depth discussions, fantastic networking opportunities and a focussed environment where deals will get done.
Attendees will benefit from:
- Ministerial attendance: meet government ministers responsible for future energy planning
- Current project developers: hear case studies about how you can develop a solar project in the region
- PV manufacturing businesses located and locating in West Africa: find out how you can set up a local manufacturing facility
- Attendance from international financiers: hear directly about what kind of projects will get backed from development banks, commercial banks, export credit agencies, venture capitalists and insurance companies
- PV equipment experts: what kind of equipment will be needed in the region and how can it impact a project’s bankability
- International government trade agencies: hear about ongoing initiatives to drive forward solar development in West Africa
- Local transmission and distribution experts: how will utility-scale solar projects gain access to the grid
- Developers working on utility-scale and off-grid projects: find out about new projects of many different sizes
- High-level attendees: Network with a powerful selection of Government Ministers, Chief Executive Officers, Managing Directors and other senior representatives meeting to do business in September