Register/website: Resilience 2017
Description: Stockholm Resilience Centre together with the Resilience Alliance are excited to welcome you to the upcoming Resilience 2017 conference in Stockholm.
Following previous Resilience conferences held on triennial basis since 2008, Resilience 2017 will discuss resilience as a key lens for biosphere-based sustainability science. It will reflect back on the scientific progress made, and aim to set out exciting future directions for research. A main focus will be on global sustainability challenges and opportunities, which today are heavily influenced by the speed, scale and connectivity of the Anthropocene. Read more about our take on resilience in a recent summary in the Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Environmental Science, by Professor Carl Folke, science director at Stockholm Resilience Centre.
Five major conference themes:
- Social-ecological transformations for sustainability
- Connectivity and cross-scale dynamics in the Anthropocene
- Multi-level governance and biosphere stewardship
- Approaches and methods for understanding social-ecological system dynamics
- Cross-cutting perspectives on resilience