Venue: UNECA Conference Center
City: Addis Ababa
Register: IEEE AFRICON
Description: IEEE AFRICON is IEEE’s flagship conference of the African continent and provides a platform for academics and industry professionals, from all over the world, to share ideas and present their latest research.
IEEE AFRICON 2015 will be held on the historic UNECA Conference Center, in Addis Ababa, from 14–17 September 2015. The theme of the conference is “GREEN INNOVATION FOR AFRICAN RENAISSANCE” and the event will feature a comprehensive technical program with distinguished keynote speakers and a vibrant social program.
Technical papers are submitted and accepted papers will be published in the IEEE AFRICON 2015 conference proceedings. All accepted papers will be submitted to the Xplore Digital Library. Themes for which papers are solicited include (but are not limited to):
- Innovation Eco-systems, Green ICT and Case Studies
- Energy Efficient Cloud Computing & Multimedia Systems
- Green Scientific Computing, Software and Computational Engineering
- Energy Aware Networking, Mobile Computing & Security
- Information & Communications Theory
- Recent trends in Communication Networks: Spectrum Issues and Broadband Access Technologies for Emerging Markets
- SDN/NFV and Cloud Communication
- SDR, HetNets, MIMO, White space communications & Cognitive Radio Networks
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Power Systems: Smart Power Grids, Efficient Energy generation and distribution
- Renewable Energy Technologies, Models and Prediction
- Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Computing
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Sensor Networks and Instrumentation
- Sustainable Engineering, Environment & Development, E- Government and m-Government Tools
- Biomedical Engineering and Signal Processing: Bioinstrumentation, Bioinformatics, Green Healthcare
- Educational Information Systems.
Tutorials, workshops and keynote speeches will also be key parts of IEEE AFRICON 2015.