Venue: Dongdaemun Design Plaza
Country: South Korea
Register: ICLEI World Congress 2015
Description: Every three years, ICLEI members and partners gather at an ICLEI World Congress to showcase their actions over the period and discuss strategies for the following years.
The ICLEI World Congress 2015 will be the first in 20 years to take place in Asia following Saitama, Japan in 1995, which will enhance cooperation among its East Asian Members. Each edition of the ICLEI World Congress sees representatives of local governments from all over the world equip themselves firsthand with the practical know-how of their top performing counterparts, all the while profiling their cities’ achievements in the spotlight.
The ICLEI World Congress 2015 will:
- Forge greater connections, exchange, and engagement among Members and serve as the key mechanism to deliver membership benefits including networking, information and solutions exchange, and learning.
- Provide the ideal gateway for cities to improve their sustainability performance and deliver a compelling message within the region.
- Strengthen ICLEI’s 8 Agendas, successfully launched at ICLEI World Congress 2012 in Belo Horizonte, and allow cities to effectively explore potential solutions through the Agendas.
- Contribute to the international debate and put forward local governments’ proposals on main themes in the global climate agenda. The ICLEI World Congress 2015 will reaffirm that local governments are the main actors to achieve global sustainability goals.
- Feature special program elements alongside the plenary and parallel sessions such as Urban Nature Forum, Researchers’ Symposium and technical site visits around Seoul.