Register/website: 7th International Conference on Sustainability Science (ICSS)
Description: In 2017, the 7th International Conference on Sustainability Science (ICSS) will be held in Stockholm, hosted by Future Earth in partnership with Stockholm Resilience Centre. The conference has been designed to dovetail with the Resilience 2017 Conference taking place in Stockholm 21-23 August, and intends to create productive and innovative interactive sessions by bringing together the resilience scholar community and the sustainability science community.
- Provide scientific knowledge exchange in support of the themes of the forthcoming UN High Level Political Forum (HLPF) in 2018. Themes:
- SDG 6 Clean water and sanitation
- SDG 7 Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG 12 Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 15 Life on Land
- Facilitate deeper integration across Future Earth’s Knowledge Action Networks (KANs)
- Explore innovative solutions through a series of SDG labs
Three communities will gather to create a rich and varied programme: Future Earth Knowledge-Action Network communities; early career researchers engaged with Future Earth and the ICSS, and research and practitioner teams working on selected Sustainable Development Goal Labs (multi-stakeholder processes to generate prototypes and innovations with potential for transformative impact.