Venue: Hilton Basel
Register: 5th GIB-Summit
Description: Financing Sustainable and Resilient Infrastructure: Transforming momentum into real impact.
The 5th GIB Summit will take place on 27th & 28th May 2015 at the Hilton Basel, Switzerland.
Infrastructure has never been more prominent on the agenda of country leaders and international organisations than it is today. In 2014, resolutions and frameworks issued by the G20, the newly launched Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance, the OECD and the Multilateral Development Banks have all stressed the necessity of promoting infrastructure and infrastructure financing. Infrastructure is key for the development and growth of societies, and, if constructed in a resilient and sustainable way, it can play a transformative role on the path to sustainable development.
The fifth GIB Summit will highlight today’s key challenges linked to the development of sustainable and resilient infrastructure and search for solutions to increase sustainable infrastructure investment on the global level. The summit will stimulate exchanges between diverse stakeholders and create fertile ground for innovative ideas, knowledge sharing and defining concrete steps on how to move forward.
The summit will include high-level plenaries, workshops, capacity building sessions, project presentations and matchmaking opportunities. The topics of the summit sessions include the following:
- The Relevance of Sustainability in Infrastructure
- Measuring Risks: The Influence of Ratings on the Infrastructure Debt Market
- Resilient Cities
- Upscaling Investment in Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
- Making the Infrastructure Asset Class more sustainable
- Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation, and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Solid Standards and Ratings for Project Financers and Designers
- Incentives for Green Economy in Emerging Markets
During the summit, GIB will also offer capacity building sessions for project owners, investors and stakeholders in order to enhance the quality of sustainable infrastructure projects:
- Capacity building part 1: Insights for project originators on sustainable infrastructure design and assessments
- Capacity building part 2: Investors’ advice on project structuring and financing requirements
During this session, selected projects will be given the opportunity to present themselves to potential investors.
The matchmaking platform at the summit will enable project originators, investors and stakeholders to meet and exchange experiences, present their projects and develop future business ideas. The matchmaking will run throughout the whole summit.