City: Dar es Salaam
Website: 3rd East African Organic Conference
Description: From July 2 to 4 2013, the proponents of the IFOAM OSEA II Project in partnership with the Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement (TOAM) are organizing in Dar es Salaam the third East African Organic Conference under the theme “Sharing achievements made and lessons learned”. The conference will bring together organic stakeholders to share experiences learned since the launch of the East African Organic Products Standards six years ago.
In particular, the conference will
– report on the implementation of the East Africa Organic Products Standard and the East African Organic Mark and the growth of organic market;
– present organic agriculture related project and case studies;
– report on progress made in mainstreaming organic agriculture into relevant national and regional policies;
– introduce new aspects of organic production such as aquaculture and Participatory Guarantee Systems;
– share successful research initiatives and sector development experiences.
Besides the main conference event, the OSEA Project and key partners will organize a number of separate workshops and meetings. At the East African organic exhibition, producers will show the public what organic agriculture has to offer consumers and further afield.
Below you will find further information in the flyer and the draft program as well as conferece registration form and a list of proposed hotels.