Event title: 2nd Annual SMARTBUILD: Sustainable Building Materials & Construction Technologies
City: Cape Town
Country: South Africa
Register: 2nd Annual SMARTBUILD
Description: An exclusive two day course focusing on the best practices of sustainable building in the African continent and most practical, sustainable materials and technologies for efficient implementation of green building in the African scenario, with a third day exclusive workshop and site visits to the first building in South Africa to be awarded a 5 Star Green Star SA- Aurecon’s office building.
With more and more buildings in South Africa getting green star ratings; new buildings in East Africa being rated as per the LEED certification and West Africa focusing on sustainability in a big way and in the process of setting up their own green rating systems, it presents a clear example of ”sustainable building” getting into the trend in the market, although there is more to develop in terms of resources, technologies and awareness.
Although the sustainable materials and technologies might require over 20-30% higher investments, in the long run, it will bring up to 40-50% savings in terms of energy efficiency.
This tailored agenda will provide participants with practitioner-led sessions focusing on key issues including trade reporting, risk management, execution, the clearing process and much more. This seminar is a must for firms looking to develop their people, processes and systems to cope with the demands of central clearing.
<<< View Full Agenda Here >>>
Key areas of focus for this course will be:
- Recognising the cost and benefits of the sustainable buildings and long term financial returns to the consumer and developers
- Incorporating the best available natural and alternative building materials into your buildings for greater sustainability
- Embracing innovative energy efficient, eco friendly and healthy building technologies for long term ROI
- Leveraging on the best practices and techniques of passive design for enhanced performance
- Discovering latest developments and implications in sustainable regulations and policies across the African continent
- Matching sustainable technologies, materials and capacities with your available resources for continuous sustainability development
- Ensuring the sustainable partnerships by involving communities, governments, executors
- Integrating effective building management systems to limit environmental impact and save energy costs
- Maximising the value of traditional building methods and recyclable building materials
Good subjects for you?
If they are then as the next step take a look through the course outline for some more detail on the content to be covered as well as more information about your expert speakers from Green Building Council, Western Cape Government, Global Creative Leadership Initiative and many more.
And if you’ve decided that this is the right course for you then get in touch today for more details on early bird and group discounts.
<<< Click Here for Registration>>>
There are a limited number of seats available so if you’re keen to attend reply here today and I will get straight back to you to make sure we can secure your place.