Dates: 9 – 13 September 2013
Country: South Africa
Register/website: Supervisors Course: Implement Environmental Improvements to a Site, Facility, Operation or Process
SAQA US ID 123369: Implement environmental improvements to a site, facility, operation or process
NQF Level 4: 16 Credits
Purpose of the course
This course forms part of the Level 4 qualification in Environmental Practice for practitioners in the field of environmental science, environmental management and waste management which equips practitioners with the skills, knowledge and values to contribute towards the sustainable use and management of our natural resources and ecological systems. This course has been developed for learners who are working in the field of waste management.
This course is aligned to the Unit Standard Number 123369, entitled “Implement environmental improvements to a site, facility, operation or process”, Level 4, and worth 16 credits on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
This course equips learners with the technical and organisational skills required to manage environmental issues in the context of their own work site, facility, operation or process. It also develops the skills and knowledge of the individual to perform the supervisory role effectively and with confidence.
At the completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Identify opportunities for environmental improvements to a site, facility, operation or process
- Plan, implement and evaluate improvements
- Contribute to the maintenance of standards and the general upkeep and protection of the facility or site
- Apply sound technical knowledge relevant to own site, facility, operation or process
- Apply sound understanding of relevant environmental practice within own sphere of responsibility
The learner will also know and understand:
- The regulatory framework
- The concept of continuous improvement
- The organisational structures relevant to own area of responsibility
- Review information and identify environmental problems and technical problems and opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental management principles and practices and their application within own area of responsibility
- Determine solutions to environmental and technical problems and issues in the workplace
- Develop and implement an action plan to introduce a technical and/or environmental improvement
- Evaluate the impact of the improvement