Dates: 16 – 18 September 2014
Country: South Africa
Organisation: Energy Training Foundation
Register: Fundamentals for Energy Management Training
Description: The Fundamentals to Energy Management Training (FEMT) provides the basics to be able to understand holistic energy management that encompasses electrical, mechanical and thermal system. Prepare for further training in the energy engineering professions.
FEMT was developed in South Africa by South Africans to provide a platform for persons wishing to enter the energy industry, or persons wishing to re-skill themselves in the fundamental basics that makes up holistic energy management before embarking on further AEE training, specifically assisting with preparation for Certified Energy Manager (CEM®) training.
The training provides full theoretical explanations accompanied with sufficient practical exercises to ensure delegates become as proficient as possible in the fundamental concepts that make up holistic energy management. There is no examination, but examination techniques and advice is provided to assist those in planning for further AEE programmes where there are examinations.
Training Programme Outline
- The basics of units, pressure, temperature, etc.
Types of energy and laws
- Mechanical energy basics
- Pumps, fans, compressed air
- Electricity basics
- Power factor, electric motors, lighting
- Thermal energy basics and energy balance
- Charts and tables
- Heat flow and insulation
- Building envelope
- Boilers and steam
- Refrigeration and heat pumps
- Energy management auditing
- Measurement and Verification
- Identifying energy management and saving opportunities
On completion of the FEMT course you will be able to identify energy saving opportunities, make purchasing decisions of which technologies and products can benefit your organisation, and be more prepared for future AEE training and examinations.
- Persons that need to find energy savings opportunities in their organisations and need to start learning more about energy management and energy saving from a credible trainer.
- Persons that are not particularly technically strong, but have to operate and understand the energy management systems and processes that are or need to be implemented.
- Persons wishing to qualify as a CEM®, or any of the other AEE programmes, and need additional preparation to successfully complete these courses and examinations.
- Persons that need to grasp some of the basics in the field of energy management as well as electrical, mechanical and thermal energy.