Course: Introduction to the Practical Implementation of Environmental Law and Recent Legislative Developments
Date: 22 May 2014
Venue: Intaka Island Eco Centre – Century City
City: Cape Town
Country: South Africa
Organisation: IMBEWU Sustainability Legal Specialists
Register/website: Introduction to the Practical Implementation of Environmental Law and Recent Legislative Developments
Email address for enquiries (optional): firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: If you are a new SHE or environmental manager, a risk or compliance manager, dealing with sustainability related issues in your company, a junior environmental practitioner, a new officer in a national, provincial or municipal environmental authority, or just need a better understanding of the practical implementation of environmental law, then this workshop is designed for you!
The workshop is designed to provide a high-level and practical overview of the implications of the South African environmental legal framework relevant to public and private entities and will cover:
- The need for and improvement of compliance;
- Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Waste Legislation (including the new waste classification Regulations published on 23 August 2013);
- National Environmental Management Act 107 of 1998 and the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act 28 of 2002 developments;
- Water Legislation;
- Air Quality Legislation; and
- Biodiversity, Protected Areas and Heritage Legislation.
The workshop will strive to provide guidance on:
- The South African Environmental Legal and Institutional Framework;
- Key Environmental Authorisations, Permits and Licenses; and
- Pro-active and Practical Environmental Compliance and Risk Management.
This is a cost and time effective workshop which will provide the necessary background and strategic understanding of South African environmental law to assist in understanding environmental legal risks and legal compliance requirements within your area of work and expertise.