COURSE: Green Energy Summer School: Overview of Renewable Energy Technologies – Face-to-Face Training
Dates: 21 August – 25 August 2017
Register/website: Green Energy Summer School: Overview of Renewable Energy Technologies
Description: After completing this Face-to-Face Training, the participants will be able to assess the appropriateness of each technology for different situations, undertake initial system designs, and communicate with technology suppliers/customers as well as to understand the latest RE markets.
This training suits those who are new to the subject of RE, but also for those who would like to start a career in this exciting field or who simply needs consulting on the suitability of a RE technology.
- Introduction to off-grid and grid-tied photovoltaics (PV)
- Solar thermal technology for water heating
- Concentrating Solar Power (CSP)
- Wind power
- Bioenergy with focus on biogas
- Small hydropower
- Renewable energy (RE) project development with focus on wind power plants
- Grid integration of renewable energy