COURSE: Green Energy Summer School: Grid Integration of Variable Renewable Energy (Wind and Photovoltaics) – Face-to-Face Training
Dates: 4 September – 8 September 2017
Register/website: Green Energy Summer School: Grid Integration of Variable Renewable Energy (Wind and Photovoltaics) – Face-to-Face Training
Description: After completing this Face-to-Face Training, the participants will be able to set-up a grid and/or system integration study for VRE, to apply short-term wind and PV forecasts for grid and energy market operation, calculate the reliable VRE power contribution and balancing power needs for system planning as well as to explain frequency and voltage control with PV inverters and wind turbines.
This training suits those who are responsible for grid integration as regulators, energy service companies, energy ministries, advisors, but also for those who plan and operate electricity grids and/or develop grid integration strategies.
- Approaches to and content of grid and system integration studies for variable renewable energy
- Grid integration strategies
- Wind and photovoltaics (PV) feed-in time series
- Wind and PV short-term power forecasts for system operation
- Loss of load probability and reliable generation from wind and PV
- Positive and negative balancing power needs for system operation and planning