Dates: 20 – 24 November 2017
Register/website: Environmental Fiscal Reform for the Energy Sector
Description: After completing this Face-to-Face Training, the participants will obtain the knowledge on environmental fiscal reform as well as gain an understanding of the EFR policy cycle and EFR policy instruments. Additionally, the participants will also be able to understand how to identify environmentally harmful subsidies and develop proposals for their phase-out.
This training suits those who is either responsible for developing proposals to phase out environmentally harmful subsidies or is responsible for implementing environmental taxes, charges/other EFR instruments in the energy sector. The course also suits those who wish to learn more about carbon pricing instruments.
- Introduction to environmental fiscal reform (EFR)
- EFR policy instruments Carbon pricing – carbon taxes and emission trading
- The policy cycle of EFR and policy development
- Reform of environmentally harmful subsidies in the energy sector
- Measures to address social impacts of EFR, synergies and trade-offs
- Regulatory and pricing frameworks for RE Linkages between fossil fuel subsidy reform and renewable energy deployment