Dates: 22 – 23 October 2014
Country: South Africa
Organisation: Energy Training Foundation
Register/website: Energy Management Systems Implementation
Description: An ISO50001:2011 training course for those who require an understanding of the importance of the energy management standard, how to implement it, the resultant energy savings possibilities and improved overall energy efficiency by managing energy use in accordance with international best practice.
The two-day Energy Management System Implementation (EnMSI) course was developed with Certification Europe (CE) to implement the ISO50001:2011 Energy Management System standard in the South African market. The course provides guidance on implementing the principles of the standard throughout all industries to ensure the viability of energy savings initiatives.
The course uses case studies and practical exercises to provide delegates with the knowledge and understanding to implement an energy management system that is compliant with international best practice, and to ensure that their existing system meets the requirements of EN16001:2009/ISO50001:2011.
Our course trainers are all highly experienced energy management system auditors, so delegates have access to firsthand knowledge on how energy management systems are being implemented in a variety of industries.
Training Programme Outline
- The financial, organisational, production and sustainability benefits of correct implementation
- The ISO50001:2011 standard overview and integration with existing operational standards
- Planning for energy management system implementation
- Setting the basis for improvement through implementation with the end in mind
- KPI’s and legal obligations
- Resource management and competence evaluation
- Operational and project control
- Monitoring and measurement for accuracy
- Management review
- Gain a thorough understanding of international best practice in energy management
- Practical case studies and exercises assist with understanding the concepts
- Start the implementation of an energy management system in accordance with ISO50001:2011
- Persons who are responsible for the energy management within the commercial, industrial and mining industries
- Persons in the financial, technical, environmental, human resources and management structure of an organisation who need to understand the effect and need of energy management and ISO50001:2011
- Persons who need to incorporate ISO50001:2011 in their plants with existing ISO standards for safety, health and the environment
- Persons who need to implement and maintain an energy management system
- Organisations wishing to reduce energy costs whilst improving plant efficiency
- Organisations that trade internationally and could be affected by ISO50001:2011 trade barriers