Dates: 14 – 17 October 2014
City: Cape Town
Country: South Africa
Organisation: Energy Training Foundation
Register/website: Certified Renewable Energy Professional
Description: The REP™ programme is designed to recognise the expertise and experience of professionals involved in the specification and application of renewable and alternative energy technologies, assessment of renewable energy projects, and development of achievable low-carbon and sustainability goals for organisations.
REP™ is an international qualification programme for professionals, introduced in 2010, by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), based in the USA. AEE programs distinguish the most qualified professionals that have demonstrated high levels of experience, competence and specialised knowledge in their respective fields of certification.
The REP™ training explores the various forms of low-carbon energy sources, as well as the environmental impacts of alternative energy. Acquire the skills and theory to be able to provide credible and sustainable solutions in the renewable and alternative energy sector. The REP™ training is presented over 4 days and followed by a voluntary examination on the last day which
could lead to international certification with the AEE.
Training Programme Outline
- Renewable energy basics
- The latest developments in wind power systems, solar thermal heating, photovoltaic generation, geothermal heating, electrical production, biofuels, waste-to-energy systems, energy storage, fuel cells, hydroelectric power, ocean thermal energy
- Assessments of the various forms of renewable energy
- Case examples of renewable energy projects
- Strengths and weaknesses of renewable energy applications
- Using renewable energy solutions in building applications
- Opportunities for using renewable energy
- Strategies for making a business case for using renewables
- Economic issues, financial methodologies and incentives
- Approval processes
- Lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid
Delegates will have a full understanding of the range of renewable energy resources available, be able to assess the applicability of each for suitable applications, and understand the economic issues surrounding renewables within the business environment.
- Persons with energy management, or renewable and alternative energy experience, who require a recognised qualification within the energy engineering career path.
- For architects, built environment graduates, engineering graduates, environmental graduates the REP™ will open new doors to one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
- Persons that require recognition as a professional that stays up to date on the latest developments in the renewable energy industry by participating in continued education that is internationally recognised.
- For persons that have to find ways of saving energy and providing alternative means of energy through biomass, biofuel, solar, or other renewable and alternative sources.