Dates: 14 – 16 May 2014
Country: South Africa
Organisation: Energy Training Foundation
Register/website: Certified Measurement & Verification Professional
Description: Measure and verify energy savings in compliance with international and local standards, legislation and regulations. Use protocols, methodologies and tools to quantify and manage the performance risks and benefits associated with end-use energy efficiency, renewable energy and water efficiency.
The Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), in cooperation with the Efficiency Valuation Organisation (EVO), has established the Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP®) programme with the dual purpose of recognising the most qualified professionals in this growing area of the energy industry, and raising the overall professional standards within the M&V field. The International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP), which the CMVP® training programme is based on, is the internationally recognised protocol for performance M&V and provides a consistent, reliable approach to M&V around the world.
CMVP® is a 2-day training course, with a voluntary examination on the 3rd day, and provides a platform to possible certification with the AEE with the opportunity for a career path in a fast growing M&V market in the world.
Training Programme Outline
- Overview of M&V protocols and methodologies
- Compliance to IPMVP
- South African M&V guidelines for Eskom, the Energy Accord, tax incentives and the local M&V framework
- M&V planning activities
- Typical M&V issues and baseline adjustments
- Definition of energy efficiency savings
- Many case studies and examples
On completion of the CMVP® course you will understand the international protocols, methodologies and tools to quantify the performance risks of energy, renewable energy and water efficiency, and to perform M&V tasks on energy savings projects. Upon certification from the AEE, delegates could apply to the Council for Measurement and Verification of South Africa (CMVPSA) to further their careers in the South African M&V market.
- Persons that need to verify energy savings for tax incentive purposes and risk assessment of energy efficiency projects.
- Persons that need to use standardised methods, protocols and tools to quantify and manage the energy performance risks and benefits for business transactions in water efficiency, energy efficiency, and renewable energy.
- For energy auditors, architects, built environment graduates, engineering graduates, environmental graduates the CMVP® will open new doors into the fastest growing industry in the world.
- Persons that need recognition as professionals in the specialist area of Measurement and Verification (M&V) and participate in continuous energy education to ensure credible and ethical result reporting.
- You are planning many energy efficiency and energy saving projects for your organisation as part of an energy management plan and need to ensure the accurate reporting of such savings for triple bottom line reporting.