Dates: 13 – 16 May 2014
Country: South Africa
Organisation: Energy Training Foundation
Register/website: Certified Energy Auditor
Description: The Certified Energy Auditor (CEA™) programme raises the standards in energy auditing for professionals performing auditing services at industrial plants and buildings, and improves the practice of energy auditors through a continuing education programme.
CEA™ is an international qualification programme for professionals developed by the US-based Association of Energy Engineers (AEE). This 3-day training course, followed by a voluntary examination on the 4th day, offers a comprehensive learning forum for those who want to be able to provide energy auditing services in industrial plant and buildings. Passing the examination could lead to international certification with the AEE.
Training Programme Outline
- Energy auditing methodology
- Auditing tools
- Building envelope
- Building systems
- Water auditing
- Energy audit instrumentation
- Economic analysis
- Boilers and steam systems
- Reviewing auditing reports
On completion of the CEA™ course you will be able to perform energy auditing tasks for any resources according to best practice standards and international norms.
- Persons with energy auditing and energy management experience who have the need to obtain a recognised qualification within the energy engineering career path.
- For energy auditors, architects, built environment graduates, engineering graduates, environmental graduates the CEA™ will open new doors into the fastest growing industry in the world.
- Need for recognition as a green building specialist internationally.
- For recognition as a professional who stays up to date on the latest developments in the energy auditing industry by participating in continued energy education that is internationally recognised.
- Persons that need to find ways of saving energy and resources in any industries.